Jesus as the True Israel


Jesus as the True Israel

Isaiah 41:8-9  But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend;  you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, “You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off”
Isaiah 42:1-4 Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations.  He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice.  He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law.

Isaiah 44:1-2 “But now hear, O Jacob my servant, Israel whom I have chosen!  Thus says the Lord who made you, who formed you from the womb and will help you: Fear not, O Jacob my servant, Jeshurun(upright one) whom I have chosen.

Isaiah 45:44 For the sake of my servant Jacob, and Israel my chosen, I call YOU (JEWS) by your name, I name you, though YOU (JEWS) do not know me.

Isaiah 49:3 And he said to me, “You are my servant, Israel, in whom I will be glorified.

Matthew 8:17 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.”

Acts 8:30-35 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”  And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.  Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this: “Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter and like a lamb before its shearer is silent, so he opens not his mouth.  In his humiliation justice was denied him. Who can describe his generation? For his life is taken away from the earth.”  And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?”  Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.

Matthew 2:15 and remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what the Lord had spoken by the prophet, “Out of Egypt I called my son.

Hosea 11:1 -When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ezekiel 38-39 has been fulfilled in the book of Esther-Quick Reference

13 Reasons Why a Spiritual Resurrection in 70 AD Should Be Considered Over a Physical Resurrection

From Grave to Glory (G2G)-A Preterist Postmillennial Commentary-Revelation 12-22