The Samaritan Woman in John 4 Foreshadows The Whore of Babylon and The Bride of Christ

The Samaritan Woman
The Whore of Babylon
John 4:7, 17 A woman from Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, “Give me a drink.

 The woman answered him, I have no husband.” Jesus said to her, “You are right in saying, ‘I have no husband’;
Revelation 17:1, 18:7 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me, “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great prostitute who is seated on many waters,

Revelation 18:7  As she glorified herself and lived in luxury, so give her a like measure of torment and mourning, since in her heart she says, ‘I sit as a queen, I am no widow, and mourning I shall never see.’
John 4:18, 40 for you have had five husbands, and the one you now have is not your husband. What you have said is true.”

So when the Samaritans came to him, they asked him to stay with them, and he (JESUS) stayed there two days.
Revelation 17:10  they are also seven kings, five of whom have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come, and when he does come he must remain only a little while.
John 4:21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father.
Revelation 16:20  And every island fled away, and no mountains were to be found.
John 4:27 Just then his disciples….. marveled that he was talking with a woman
Revelation 17:6 And I saw the woman, … I marveled greatly.
The Samaritan Woman
The Bride of Christ
John 4:29-30 “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?” They went out of the town and were coming to him.
Revelation 18:4 Then I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her(The Whore), my people, lest you take part in her sins, lest you share in her plagues;
John 4:10, 28-29 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, ‘Give me a drink,’ you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water.”

So the woman left her water jar and went away into town and said to the people, “Come, see a man who told me all that I ever did. Can this be the Christ?”
Revelation 22:17  The Spirit and the Bride say, “Come.” And let the one who hears say, “Come.” And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ezekiel 38-39 has been fulfilled in the book of Esther-Quick Reference

13 Reasons Why a Spiritual Resurrection in 70 AD Should Be Considered Over a Physical Resurrection

From Grave to Glory (G2G)-A Preterist Postmillennial Commentary-Revelation 12-22