"Before the Foundation of this World"- A Look at Katabole Kosmou

                                        
                       "Before the Foundation of this World"- A Look at Katabole Kosmou

There are two words for foundation in the Bible: Katabole and Themelios. I will be focusing on Katabole.


The phrase "Before the foundation of this world" in Greek is Katabole Kosmou. It has nothing to do with Predestination. PS I'm a Calvinist too.


Katabole has been translated to throw down or lay something down with force. This Greek word is commonly paired with Kosmos - the inhabitants of an organized society. By combining both words Katabole Kosmou, we can conclude with confidence that it can mean "a morally deteriorating society." The closest words I can find in scripture is "Rebellious House" in Ezekiel 12:2.

Similar concepts can be found in Isaiah 19:10, Ezekiel 30:4, Galatians 2:9, Psalm 11:3, 82:5. Below, I have rendered each passage with Katabole Kosmou on how it should be properly translated.



Matthew 13:35
English Standard Version

35 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet:
“I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter what has been hidden since the foundation of the world.”

Matthew 13:35 Rendered
English Standard Version
35 This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet:

“I will open my mouth in parables;
I will utter what has been hidden before (in front of this) this Rebellious House.




Matthew 25:34
English Standard Version
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.

Matthew 25:34 Rendered English Standard Version
34 Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from (in front of this) this Rebellious House.

1 Peter 1:20-21
English Standard Version
20 He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

1 Peter 1:20-21
Rendered English Standard Version
20 He was foreknown (prophesized) before the foundation of the world (in front of this Rebellious House)but was made manifest in the last times for the sake of you 21 who through him are believers in God, who raised him from the dead and gave him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.




Luke 11:50
English Standard Version
50 so that the blood of all the prophets, shed from the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation

Luke 11:50 Rendered
English Standard Version
50 so that the blood of all the prophets, shed from this Rebellious House, may be charged against this generation.



John 17:24
English Standard Version
24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world.

John 17:24 Rendered
English Standard Version
24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before (in front of this) this Rebellious House.



Ephesians 1:4
English Standard Version
4 even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love

Ephesians 1:4 Rendered
English Standard Version
4 even as he chose us in him before (in front of this) this Rebellious House that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love



Hebrews 4:3
English Standard Version
3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said, “As I swore in my wrath, ‘They shall not enter my rest,’”although his works were finished from the foundation of the world


Hebrews 4:3 Rendered
English Standard Version
3 For we who have believed enter that rest, as he has said,
“As I swore in my wrath,‘They shall not enter my rest,’”
although his works were finished (before this)in front of this Rebellious House.

Note: Referring to the Hebrews who died in the wilderness. Finished can be also completed.




Hebrews 9:26
English Standard Version
26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly since the foundation of the world. But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.



Hebrews 9:26-Rendered
English Standard Version
26 for then he would have had to suffer repeatedly in front of this Rebellious House . But as it is, he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.




Revelation 13:8
King James Version
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Revelation 13:8-Rendered
King James Version
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him (The Beast), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from (in front of this) this Rebellious House



Revelation 17:8
English Standard Version
8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come.



Revelation 17:8-Rendered
English Standard Version
8 The beast that you saw was, and is not, and is about to rise from the bottomless pit and go to destruction. And the dwellers on earth whose names have not been written in the book of life, from this Rebellious House, will marvel to see the beast, because it was and is not and is to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ezekiel 38-39 has been fulfilled in the book of Esther-Quick Reference

13 Reasons Why a Spiritual Resurrection in 70 AD Should Be Considered Over a Physical Resurrection

From Grave to Glory (G2G)-A Preterist Postmillennial Commentary-Revelation 12-22