Seeing the Father through Jesus

                                    Seeing the Father through Jesus


Like so many other passages, we tend to mistake Jesus as God. The image is a representation of the original not the exact thing itself. I am a representation or extension of my parents. I am not my mother or father. We need to be careful not to isolate passages.


John 20:17 English Standard Version 17 Jesus said to her, “Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to MY GOD AND YOUR GOD.


John 14:5-7 English Standard Version 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you had known ME, you would have known MY FATHER also. From now on you do KNOW HIM and have SEEN HIM.”


Note: Notice it is doubting Thomas who is asking this question, which is answered in John 20:27-28.



John 14:8-11 English Standard Version 8 Philip said to him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us. 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has SEEN me has SEEN the Father. How can you say, ‘SHOW us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but THE FATHER WHO DWELLS IN ME does his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves.



John 12:45

And whoever SEES Me SEES the One who sent Me.



John 20:27-28 English Standard Version 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord AND my God!”



Note: Notice Thomas' question in John 14:5-7 is finally being answered.




Conclusion: Jesus is my Lord, and My God is referring to the Father. Jesus was not calling or revealing himself to be God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ezekiel 38-39 has been fulfilled in the book of Esther-Quick Reference

13 Reasons Why a Spiritual Resurrection in 70 AD Should Be Considered Over a Physical Resurrection

From Grave to Glory (G2G)-A Preterist Postmillennial Commentary-Revelation 12-22